The place where paint and image merge.
- BFA in Fine Arts from the San Francisco Art Institute 1990 and an MFA from the University of California at Davis 1993
2006- 2014 Founder and Executive director of the Klamath-Siskiyou Art Center.
- Situated along the Klamath River and surrounded by National Forest and three wilderness areas, the Klamath-Siskiyou Art Center’s location makes it possible to draw interesting art and educational connections from the surrounding landscape, culture and natural sciences. The Art Center Studios and Gallery provide a place for diverse members of the community to gather, borrow ideas and inspire one another.
1997-2014 Fisheries Science Technician
- Worked closely with the Klamath National Forest’s Fisheries Biologist, Jon Grunbaum, to monitor, map and record stream habitat conditions and native fish populations and to create video and photographic documentation of the regional district for public awareness and educational purposes.
Grants and Awards
- 2012. “Banner Project”. James Irvine Foundation administered by the Shasta Regional Foundation. Collaborating with Karuk Tribal members to create 18 colorful outdoor banners celebrating the regions animals and the Karuk traditional stories told about them.
- 2010. McConnell Foundation Community Enrichment Grant.
- 2006. Siskiyou County Resource Advisory Committee. Community Grant partnership between the Art Center, the Karuk Tribe, Sustainable Systems Design and the Klamath National Forest, to conduct community design charettes, building workshops and create a site layout and finalize the architectural design
Selected Exhibition Record
- 2015. Artifact of Light. Klamath-Siskiyou Art Center. Happy Camp, California
- 2014. Lost Maps. New Paintings. Klamath-Siskiyou Art Center. Happy Camp California
- 2014. Down River Show. Liberty Arts Gallery, Yreka California
- 2013. Last Light. Paintings and Ceramics. Klamath-Siskiyou Art Center. Happy Camp California
- 2012. Banners. 18 outdoor banners. Karuk People’s Center Museum. Happy Camp California
- 2010. Obscura. Two person Show. Klamath-Siskiyou Art Center. Happy Camp California
- 2008. Ways of Knowing Water. Group Show Urban Arts Space. Columbus, Ohio
- 2007. Channel. College of the Siskiyous Art gallery. Weed, California
- 2006. Notes from the Field. Davis and Cline Gallery. Ashland, Oregon